Friday, April 22, 2011

A Message (Friday 4/22)

Today I received a great e-mail from Mabel's current Foster Mom, and I just wanted to share it with everyone:


"Hi Donna,
I just wanted to drop you a quick note about Mabel. I heard through your blog you would be fostering her and I am very glad that someone as excited about Mabel as you is able to take her. I love her very much, unfortunately my roommates situation has changed and I am not in a position to keep Mabel without help (i go to Buffalo for school).

She loves to cuddle and is very expressive emotionally (will pout if she has to). She listens very well but stay will probably be a problem as she gets used to you. She was very traumatized when we first got her and needed to keep people in sight. She is much better now but may revert a bit. She is very good with her crate (i use the word bed with her) and will sleep in there if you dont want her in your bed but she loves to sleep with people. If you put her in there right as people or leaving or right after playing or a walk she'll bark a bit because she's wound up.

She loves tennis balls and behaves very well at Ellison park. She knows off, stay, sit, here and bed. Her walking on the leash has improved immensely. I use heel and back when she pulls; she seems to respond better to verbal commands (back) than a quick pull on the leash. She is ALWAYS very excited at first.

She hates to be yelled at! But is very responsive to hugs and kisses.

I will miss her very much. Wish I could adopt her...

If you have any questions about her I am happy to help. I really want the best for her and will continue to talk about her, put flyers up and keep her FB page up until she is adopted permanently.

Thanks so much,

Angela"


And I wanted to also say Thank You to Angela for taking Mabel in when she needed her the most, for the work you've done with her, and for providing me with so much valuable information about her.

I hope we can keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment