Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Decision (Weds 4/20)

Tuesday came along, and I was so anxious that I had to e-mail Jenn from Pitty Love Rescue and find out if a decision had been made about Mabel coming to stay with us.

Jenn responded back almost immediately that the board meeting was not until Tuesday evening, but that she would let me know as soon as possible on Wednesday.  She also mentioned that she had a concern about the separation gate we had.  It was just a small (24" high) baby gate, that was perfectly suited to keep the puppy out of the kitchen, but Mabel could easily jump it, or possibly knock it down.

Well, wouldn't it just figure... we had already thought about that, because it was mentioned during the home visit.  And we had already purchased a taller gate with a screw attachment that was much sturdier! 
Carlson ExtraTall 41" WalkThru Gate - WhiteI made sure to let her know that we had also thought about that concern, and that the gate would be installed as soon as possible.

She seemed very please to hear that fact, and said that she would get back to me Weds, as soon as she could.

Waiting....  The gate was installed Tuesday night...  More waiting...  I was so excited, I could barely wait until Wednesday morning.

And of course, I e-mailed Jenn first thing Wednesday morning, and let her know that the gate was installed already, and that I was really trying not to pester her.  When I finally heard back, it was GREAT News!

Mabel will be coming to stay with us this weekend... AND there is a family interested in adopting her!  That means that Mabel might have a forever home very soon!  I'm so happy for her, and I can't wait for her to come and stay with us, so that we can start introducing her to cats, and leash walking, which are 2 things she still has some issues with.

More to come on Saturday, once we get settled in!

No comments:

Post a Comment